Tonight I finished breaking down the front. Check out my totally ghetto front-end stand. Yes, I think I pulled a muscle dealing with this heavy-ass old bike like this!
Session time: 2 hrs. Total time 5 hrs.
Also, the new front-end arrived today! Woohoo! There’s a shocking difference in the size and scale of the fork legs on the two different front-ends. I’ve pulled the requisite triple trees and will be sending them to Classified shortly. Still have to get the rest of the loom and the mill out of the frame. I have a plan to use some all-thread and fender washers to seal off the various bearing locations (i.e. headset, swing arm pivots, etc.). We’ll see if that flies with the sand blasting and powder coating.